The Convention for Biological Diversity (CBD) decided to again delay the Twenty-fourth Meeting of the Subsidiary Body on Scientific, Technical and Technological Advice (SBSTTA-24) and the Third Meeting of the Subsidiary Body on Implementation (SBI-3). In the Notification, the Secretariat highlighted that it is not safe to convene any large physical intergovernmental meeting this year due to COVID-19. CBD is considering options for virtual discussions on the planned dates in November, but details are yet to be released.
CBD delays SBSTTA in-person meetings again
- 23 September 2020 What about visiting French Polynesia, Micronesia, Chile and Puerto Rico in the next three weeks?
- 18 September 2020 Dialogue held to discuss innovative solutions to malaria in the Asia Pacific region
- 17 September 2020 Researchers find that release of Wolbachia-carrying mosquitoes can prevent dengue
- 15 September 2020 Latin American IUCN members discuss synthetic biology and gene drives
- 10 September 2020 GeneConvene: Gene-drive systems for mosquito population modification